- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into halves
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 3 six oz. tilapia fillets
- 2 stalks celery, thinly chopped
- 4 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Combine the cucumber, green onion, red onion, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste into a bowl.
In a shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, cajun seasoning and 1/4 tsp. salt. Dip the tilapia fillets in the mix covering the fillet. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tilapia and cook until flaky, 3-4 minutes per side.
Break the tilapia into pieces. In a second bowl combine the fillets, the celery and the remaining oil. Spread mayonnaise on the buns, top with fillets, celery mixture and cucumber mixture.