Rosemary Peach Chicken Kebabs with Orange Glaze
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 1 1/2-inch pieces, all visible fat discarded
- 2 large ripe but firm peaches, cut into 16 1-inch wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 16 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
For the glaze:
- 3/4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. canola oil OR 1 1/2 teaspoon corn oil
Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium.
Meanwhile, thread the chicken, peaches, and bell pepper alternately onto four 14- to 16-inch metal skewers. Sprinkle the pepper and salt over the kebabs.
In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Set aside half the glaze (about 2 tablespoons). Brush both sides of the kebabs with the remaining glaze.
Grill the kebabs for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are almost tender, turning once halfway through and brushing with the reserved 2 tablespoons of glaze, using a clean basting brush. Reduce the heat or move the kebabs to a cooler area of the grill if they are cooking too fast.
Per serving: 202 calories, 25g protein, 2g fiber, 5g fat, 206mg sodium, 11g sugar
Recipe courtesy of the American Heart Association.