Peach and Tomato Salad
- 4 medium peaches
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (washed)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 3/4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Halve each peach, removing and discarding each pit. Slice each peach into thin wedges for about 4 cups of peaches. (If using canned peaches, drain and rinse the peaches in each can and then slice each half into the thin wedges.) Add peaches into a large bowl.
Cut each tomato in half, removing the stem from each one and discarding it. Slice each tomato into wedges for around 4 cups of tomatoes. Add into the bowl with the peaches.
Chop one red onion. Add into the bowl with the peaches and tomatoes.
Thinly slice the basil leaves or tear the leaves into pieces for 1 cup basil. Add to the bowl along with salt, pepper, oil, and vinegar. Gently stir to combine the ingredients. Serve.
Per serving: 137 calories, 5.8g fat, 81mg sodium, 17g sugar, 3g protein, 4g fiber
Recipe courtesy of the American Heart Association.