- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 12 oz. pkg. (defrosted) ground turkey
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the skillet and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add turkey, seasoning mix and water; cook 14-16 minutes until meat is browned.
Drain meat if necessary. Place tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle the chips evenly with the turkey mixture, bell peppers and shredded cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serve with toppings. (Be creative and add your own toppings. Other suggests include: tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocados, chorizo, green onions.)