Inflammation-Busting Curry Chicken Salad
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 small apple – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup plain 2% or nonfat Greek yogurt
In a large salad bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, raisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and greek yogurt.
Mix all together, tossing to coat.
Serve on whole-grain, fiber-rich bread or over greens and enjoy.
8 grams fat
Recipe courtesy of Ochsner Health.