Grilled Salmon with Mango and Tomato Salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 4-oz portions of salmon
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Lightly oil the grill grates with the canola oil. Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down. Cook uncovered for 7 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through. The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- While salmon is cooking, combine mango, tomatoes, cilantro, and half of the lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Remove salmon from grill and spritz with remaining lemon juice. Serve each fillet with 1/2 cup salsa.
Per serving: 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 2g fiber, 8g sugar, 23g protein
Recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.