Citrus Grilled Shrimp with Spring Greens
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 satsumas, juiced (can substitute oranges)
- 2 satsumas, peeled and sectioned
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 large shrimp
- 4 cups spring mix salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice and the juice of two satsumas, hot sauce, garlic and pepper. Add shrimp to bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill to medium. Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place shrimp on skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Serve shrimp on top of spring mix salad with satsuma slices.
- Whisk together olive oil and remaining satsuma juice and pour over shrimp and salad.
Per serving: 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 9g sugar, 8g protein
Recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.