Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound raw boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or regular flour)
- 2 tablespoons pecan oil (or olive oil)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 pound button mushrooms
- 1-1/4 pounds raw broccoli
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
Cube the chicken into bite size pieces. Pat chicken dry and coat lightly with flour.
Place in pan over medium heat with pecan oil until chicken is browned on all sides. Transfer chicken to a different plate while cooking vegetables.
In the same pan, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and broccoli until well cooked. Add the cooked chicken breast back to the pan and continue to cook until chicken is done. Add orange juice and honey at the very end.
7.5 grams fat
Recipe courtesy of Ochsner Health.