Budget-Friendly Roasted Veggie Tacos
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 diced medium zucchinis
- 5 diced large carrots
- 1 diced small onion
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup queso fresco OR reduced-fat shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini, carrots, onions, and red pepper on baking sheet. Add olive oil and garlic; toss to coat. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While vegetables are baking, heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add tomato and sauté for 1 minute. Add beans, chili powder, cumin and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add cooked vegetables to pan and mix well.
- Serve 1/2 cup veggie mixture in each taco and top with lettuce and cheese.
Per serving: 11g fat, 3g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 15g fiber, 11g sugar, 15g protein
Recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.