Broiled Gulf Fish over Brown Rice + Citrus and Tomato Salad
- 4 6-ounce Gulf fish filets
- 2 teaspoons low-salt creole seasoning such as Salt Free Creole Magic Seasoning Blend
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lemon, quartered
Season fish with creole seasoning. Broil fish until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. To plate, serve fish over rice with lemon on the side. Pair with Citrus and Tomato Salad (recipe below).
Citrus Tomato Salad
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 fresh orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- ¼ cup mint, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a small bowl mix lemon, lime, and orange juice and zest with honey. Stir in olive oil. Add tomatoes, cilantro, mint, and romaine. Toss until ingredients are evenly coated. Season salad with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill for 1-2 hours prior to serving.
Recipe adapted from Kim Kringlie, Chef/Owner Dakota Restaurant
- Heart Health Tip: Use salt-free seasoning blends on meat and seafood instead of table salt to keep blood pressure down.
- Cooking Tip: Add extra zing and antioxidants by zesting citrus fruit and adding it to your dish. If you don’t have a lemon zester, a vegetable peeler will work. Peel the colorful zest away and avoid peeling the white pith. Chop finely.