Black Bean, Mango and Chicken Quesadillas with Salad
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced OR white/yellow onion
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 cup romaine lettuce salad
- 4 tbsp Light Fiesta Salsa Ranch Salad Dressing OR other light dressing
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high. Add the black beans, chicken, red onions, and cumin; sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the mango and sauté for 1 minute. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and spread 2 Tbsps. cheese on top of the tortilla. Add 1/2 cup chicken/black bean mixture, and place another tortilla on top. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip, and cook for 1-2 more minutes; until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining 3 quesadillas. Cut the quesadillas into triangles.
- Serve one quesadilla over 2 cups lettuce salad and top with 1 Tbsp. salad dressing. Repeat this procedure for the remaining 3 salads.
Per serving: 10g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 9g fiber, 6g sugar, 22g protein
Recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.