Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
- chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) - 1 lbs
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- all-purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- margarine (trans-fat-free) - 1 tbsp
- white (button) mushrooms (sliced) - 10 oz
- black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- balsamic vinegar - 1/3 cup
- low sodium chicken broth (fat-free, less sodium) - 1/2 cup
Place the chicken breast in a plastic bag and pound thin with a mallet.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.
Dredge the chicken in flour and coat it on both sides. Add the chicken to the pan and sauté 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Melt the margarine in the pan. Add the mushrooms and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and bring it to a boil to reduce the liquid.
Add the chicken broth to the pan and simmer 2 more minutes. Add the chicken breast back to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
Per serving: 240 calories, 9g fat, 150mg sodium, 1g fiber, 4g sugar, 27g protein
Recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.