Baked Egg 'n' Tomato Cups
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving about 1/2-inch-thick shell. (Reserve tomato pulp for another use or discard.) Place cut-side-up in baking dish. Evenly sprinkle tomatoes with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the seasoning blend.
- Break an egg into each tomato. Sprinkle each egg with 1/2 teaspoon cheese and the remaining 1/4 tsp pepper. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with bacon to serve.
Per serving: 7g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 195mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 10g protein
Recipe courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.