Avocado Cilantro Chicken Salad
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese-preferably low sodium
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt alternative (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (about 20 oz) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Mash avocado in bowl to a chunky consistency. Set aside.
Add cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic to food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Add mixture to avocado.
Stir in chicken, green onions and cilantro. Taste and season as needed. Keep refrigerated and tightly covered.
7 grams fat
Recipe courtesy of Ochsner Health.